On race day you are required to check-in to Aspendale Life Saving Club, Groves Street Aspendale, between 7.30am and 8.30am. Failure to check-in will result in disqualification. Entry fees are non-refundable.
If driving we recommend you park in the car park in Gnotuk Avenue Aspendale.
You will be provided with a swimming cap and timer. You must wear both the swimming cap and timer at all times during the event to be eligible to participate. We will collect the timer at the conclusion of the event.
Once registered, swimmers will be required to make their way to the event start. The swim commences at 9.30am at Edithvale Life Saving Club, the Esplanade Lane, Edithvale.
Starting times are staggered by age group. There is a briefing for the swim at Edithvale Life Saving Club at 9am.
All personal property should be left at Aspendale Life Saving Club prior the event. Although we take all care, we have no liability for any loss or damage occurring to any items of clothing, footwear, jewellery or other personal effects, in accordance with the terms and conditions of the event.
- Competitors must check-in on the day
- Wetsuits may be worn. No fins, boards, snorkels, flotation gear or personal support teams
- Course officials have authority to disqualify any competitor for any reason
- Event officials have the authority to remove a competitor if they judge the competitor to be physically incapable of completing the race without risk of injury
- Competitors must adhere to the course as marked
- Competitors must swim in their age group
- Competitors are required to wear the official race cap and timing device as provided upon registration
- Organisers reserve the right to accept, reject and cancel entries
- The spirit of friendly competition shall be maintained throughout the event. Any unsportsmanlike behavior will be grounds for disqualification